View Single Post
Old 07-29-2020, 08:39 AM   #35
Rockfish9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
I Like seeing all the style's people are trying .. I would not have the patience for it ... and my taste buds reject any IPA or hoppy finish at all .. and all the new local breweries have very little selections in what I call the standard beers larger, ales ,or phishers and if they do their hopped up as well.. keep doing what you're doing it's fun to read
I hear the I don't like IPA's a lot. and I get it, it's the hop thing, Ive discovered, that by adding less hops at the begininning( for bitterness) and more late in the boil or at flame out ( steep for 10 minuets) or dry, it changes peoples opinion on IPA's...
that said, hard to beat a good ale or larger..

I was at my grand daughters 16th birthday over the weekend ( and yes we social distanced and wore masks, her Dad is a doctor) and brought a variety ( for the Adults) of home brew, My witbeir and brown ale as well as the oatmeal stout were the big hit.. the black IPA ( which I love) not so much (all the more for me).. some one brought some summer shandy.. and asked if I could make it...well.. I found a few recipes and using that as a base I'm going to add my own twist and brew one up this weekend..
I'm not a big fan of fruity beer but the challenge was thrown down!

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote