View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 09:10 PM   #53
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backbeach Jake View Post
I don't believe that it sucks here far more than the crappiest 3rd world country . Not at all and not by far. Healthcare in this country as it is, is a travesty.What I believe is that we can do a hell of a lot better than we are now, by far. After all we ARE the greatest country in the world, right? I truly believe so. We are inches away from having an Indian style class system. Then it's time to put our money where our big mouth is. And that's not in some crook's pocket. That money, tax money, the people's money should serve the interests of the people (red citizens here) red citizens? , all of them. The reason we have so many on the streets jobless and homeless is that their chance at employment has either been sent overseas or overseas has been brought here. are you suggesting that if jobs were not sent overseas the homeless would all be employed? because I'll argue that w/ ya Some illegally. I don't remember in the 60s the feeling that I have now that a way of life is vanishing,a lot of people were stoned in the 60's, everything seemed great man or being stolen. That our government is not protecting the interests of the middle class, but rather big business. And business will tell their emplyees to their faces that they are the bitches of the company. I'm guessing there are a few lawyers that would love to get a hold of that oneI quit a job over that. And feel extremely lucky that I was able to quickly find a better job in less than a week. But I always have. In 40 years working I have never collected a frigging red cent from our government in umemployment insurance. Not one. But I am glad as all hell that it is there for those who need it. like soup kitchens? This country has never failed me. what does that mean??? Others can't say that they've been so lucky. who? name someone that has been failed by "our Country" We are our brother's keepers. unless you are Obama's brother, then you live in a hut with no toilet and the guy never even sends a Christmas card...BTW I regret the use of WTF in my last post, that's OK, I started it...my apologies, It's not a civilized way to conduct a discussion.
I'm so depressed now....

Last edited by scottw; 03-07-2010 at 09:28 PM..