View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 11:27 AM   #20
GattaFish
Great White Scup Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzo View Post
A post like this is still refering to the canal and that is WAS good. Many will go because of this post just to check it out. I understand the frustration, just the modern angling world. Maybe we should add a sticky thread up about angling ethics haha. I have had many issues with people coming up to me when I'm night fishing and turning their light on me to see what I'm using, then initiating convo. Then they want to fish next to me. This is NOT how a real surfcaster should act.

Its funny, all those that write articles for OTW, post on facebook, have big circles of friends, talk to everyone - they blab about how good they do and the success theyre having where ever. People talk and others show up. Then they complain about how crowded their spots are. People just can'r resist the attention and glory!

Canals been ruined along with Cuttyhunk and all they other "in" spots to fish. You'd NEVER see anyone at Cuttyhunk, now all the allstars bring 30 guys with them to follow them around. Many other spots will continue to be ruined as guys just cant keep quiet. They'll all figure it out eventually

His post was out of frustration on an already blown up spot, but the rest of the stuff I Could not have said it any better ......... Some of the articles submitted are written by the Biggest hypocrites EVER............

Quick TRUE story.... I was awakened by two guys who fished with one of the SELF proclaimed superstars talking about what was caught the night before and the biggest fish was around 15#.

Later that day the superstar told me he got a 30# that night . Can you say BUSTED..... I still laugh at this.... Pretty funny when people actually believe their own B.S.

Last edited by GattaFish; 06-06-2012 at 11:33 AM..

GattaFish is offline   Reply With Quote