View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 10:48 AM   #24
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
I can see you are over reacting quite a bit there know it all
we are not denying that they do good, no where did I say that so if you are taking criticism personally, well too bad. Sorry your friend had a tough time, I'm sure he deserves better.
This is America, we have a choice where to send charity money. They seem to be doing very well without me. If I wish to help out more locally, that is my choice. You act like a little child outraged that I question something I read on the internet. maybe you should grow up.
And I understand that there are expenses to raising money for these causes, and it is better to have 50 cents than nothing go to those who need it. I just get tired of 5-6 phone calls a day from various paid fundraisers , so I go directly to the source. If more people in this country actually did some actual work making a product, then maybe the economy would not be so sluggish and people would be more willing to donate to those who need .

I'm done with commenting

I wish them well and hope more wounded warriors get the help they need
A voice of reason, and common sense.
Agree on the computerized phone calls Slip, calls start at 8:15 AM and don't end till 9:30 PM. My wife has a good answer for them, "you donate to my favorite charity and I'll donate to yours".
Even getting calls on Sunday.

" Choose Life "
justplugit is offline   Reply With Quote