Thread: Radio ?
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 05:16 PM   #20
Tagger
Hydro Orientated Lures

Hold On Ed ,,, Did you read this review .. This guy actually tested that radio ,, floating it . 2 times it stopped working after getting wet...

By Brian - See all my reviews
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Cobra MR HH475 FLT VHF Waterproof Two-Way Marine Radio with Bluetooth (Electronics)
After some research I found this radio very intriguing and purchased it. It had a high rating and a must buy through a sailing web site. Being into sea kayaking it is very important that the radios we use are water proof. Having the floating feature along with the burp feature is a plus then along comes the blue tooth capability, I was sold. I couldn't wait to get my radio. First day out on the water I want to see how well it floated and check out the burp feature. Well it floated great to bad it quite working with in a minute of being dunked. I emailed and called cobra and no response I called cobra again and talked to a live person who transferred me to factory service where I left a massage. No response. I called again and found out the return procedures and sent the radio back at my expense. Now I am willing to say that not everything comes out the way it should and that I was unlucky and got a defective radio. Well two weeks later I get a new radio. What do you do when you have a problem with a product? You go test it and see if it will fail in those conditions again. Well radio number two failed at being water proof to the JIS7 rating. This radio lasted a few seconds longer then the first one. Played the phone tag game again with Cobra. This time I made them pay for shipping so I had to wait another week for the label to make it to me. Sent radio number two in and three weeks later I received radio number three. So far this radio has lived up to the JIS7 water proof rating. I like the features it has. But I am just wondering if and when it will quit on me, if it does I am requesting my money back from Cobra, three times and you are out! Cobra could have done a better job communicating and calling me back. I never got a letter of apology about two radios being bad and I had to do all the work on trying to get the radios returned only once did they call back and that was after I left a message saying that I was not impressed with their product or customer service.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
Report abuse | Per

Belcher Goonfoock (retired)
(dob 4-21-07)
Tagger is offline   Reply With Quote