View Single Post
Old 04-21-2016, 07:21 AM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Lets see. If I am not mistaken a warrant is needed to search my belongings in public. I'd say when I travel I loose that right to privacy.

If I was to buy a 1 way train ticket and had over 10K in cash in my possession, the government can search me and take that money "just because they suspect I'm a drug dealer". I'd say that is unconstitutional. I'm sure there's more but I need coffee
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"If I am not mistaken a warrant is needed to search my belongings in public"

Please show me where the constitution says that. (It's a trick question, the constitution doesn't say that, so you don't have that right). The Constitution says you have the protection against unlawful and unreasonable search. Our society has determined that when you get on a plane, you have no reasonable expectation of proivacy in what you carry on with you. You may not like that, but just because it ticks you off, doesn't mean your rights have been violated.

"the government can search me and take that money "just because they suspect I'm a drug dealer". I'd say that is unconstitutional"

I'm not sure they can do that wihtout just cause, and if it ever happens to you, you can find an ACLU lawyer who will sue on your behalf.

Sorry, you need to do a lot better than that.