View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 12:11 AM   #1
Clueless

1088, which blank do I have?

I've been wanting to buy a Rainshadow SW1088 for a bit so I picked up a pre wrapped rod marked "1088 1-3 oz" from a somewhat local shop on Friday. I initially told the guy in the shop I was looking at the Rainshadow SW 1088, and we talked a lot about the SW vs SU, 1087, 1088, and even 1089 before I bought it. I thought I was getting an SW 1088, but I'm not so sure now. I'm not going to give the name of the shop because the shop seems to have a good reputation here and there may just have been some miscommunication. It's not M&D's because I would have gone there and had one custom wrapped in a heartbeat if Mike was building at the moment.

Rod measures out at 9' and the blank is matte blank. After looking at Batsons web site it looks like the Rainshadow blanks are 8'10" and transparent black, so I'm thinking what I have isn't the SW1088 I wanted and thought I was getting after talking about it. I'm thinking it may be a Pac Bay blank. Maybe it's close enough to the SW 1088 that I'm getting worked up about nothing...

Anyone know for sure that this isn't a RS blank? I'm going to call the shop in tomorrow morning as well.

I'm lucky if I can find the water...
Clueless is offline   Reply With Quote