View Single Post
Old 01-26-2020, 10:11 AM   #101
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
For the tenth time, if the biden’s were actually engaged in corruption, Trump can’t ask for
an investigation, because it would benefit him? So the Biden’s can rob a bank, and Trump can’t ask for
an investigation because that might help him?

As to personally benefitting from the office? The Clintons are worth hundreds of millions, and the Obamas just bought a $15 million vacation home. All thanks to the office they held. But it’s only an issue when a republican benefits from his office. Gimme a break.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
He has a justice department for that, and congress (which he held control of both houses for a stretch.) If this was about corruption, this was literally the worst way a president could go about getting it investigated. Bottom line is that it was illegal. You can’t argue that.

He got caught. Said there was no quid pro quo. Sondland SAT IN FRONT OF CONGRESS and said there was actually quid pro quo. They charged him with it. GAO confirmed it was illegal. Now we’re in the senate to decide what’s next.

Hey he most frustrating thing here is that he can be guilty of breaking the law and not removed from office. I wish people who don’t want him gone would just admit he broke the law. This drawn out argument backed by lies that he did nothing wrong is just hurting the institution.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.