View Single Post
Old 12-01-2016, 11:53 PM   #26
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
ISo you're saying giving money to a company to keep them from moving is a positive?.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
So you're saying, like, if a thug, decided not to rob me of the $10 I had in my wallet he would actually be giving me $10?

Interesting way of looking at it. I guess I'm missing something. After I was told that the thug gave me $10, I would have expected that when I looked in my wallet I would see $20. But if when I looked, there was only the $10 I had already--maybe, somehow, I lost the ten he spotted me. Maybe then I should go to the thug and ask him not to rob me again. And if I made absolutely sure that the $10 he gave me didn't somehow get lost, I would have the twenty. And if I could persuade him not to rob me of my $10 a hundred more times, I'd have earned an extra $1,000 on top of the ten I already had. If I then could persuade him to do that with the $1,010 that I had in my wallet and if I could keep doing it that way with the new amount (like compound interest) for every day, for a couple of weeks I'd be a one percenter without having to do a damn thing but sit there and have him keep on not robbing me.

I really like that. I would only have to actually work to earn few dollars, then have the government not take any of it nor the compounded money I would get by it not taking any of that, and I could retire a gazillionaire in a few months--without doing anything except having the government not take any.

You sure? It sounds really good. But something tells me that in a few months, instead of being a gazillionaire, I'd still only have the $10 that I originally had in my wallet.