View Single Post
Old 09-30-2016, 09:32 AM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Unfortunately, I think that is politics. Would I love everything to be on the level, of course. I still feel strongly that the FBI wasn't politically motivated in their choice not to indict.

Having contempt for an insider is not a reason to support Trump.

She remains a highly flawed candidate, but given the alternatives I would have loved Biden to run, and could have given serious thought to Kasich, depending on his stances on the supreme court and who his VP would have been.

I was saying to a co-worker recently, Trump's biggest success is that he got folks like me to vote for Hillary...
"Unfortunately, I think that is politics. Would I love everything to be on the level, of course. I still feel strongly that the FBI wasn't politically motivated in their choice not to indict. "

In your first sentence, you say that's how the political machine works. In your third sentence, you say you don't think it was political. Which is it?

"Having contempt for an insider is not a reason to support Trump. "

How about having contempt for someone who (1) goes on and on about how unfair the system is because it benefits political insiders, and (2) milks that system to amass a personal fortune, and to allow herself to break the rules when convenient?

Or having contempt for someone whose slogan is "stronger together", yet she says that 50% of the people who disagree with her, are deplorable? After having said that, I'm supposed to believe that she gives a rat's azz about my concerns?

"She remains a highly flawed candidate"

That's about as fair as I have ever heard a Democrat be. Obviously, Trump is also seriously flawed as a candidate, and even more so, as a human being

I hear a lot of Hilary supporters say they'd have voted for Kasich. Sorry, I don't buy it. Those two don't agree on anything. You'd vote for a pro-life, tax-cutting, union-buster if he was running? But since he's not, you're voting for Hilary? Come on!

For that to be true, you'd be saying that all you care about is the personality of the candidate, that you pay no attention whatsoever to their stance on the issues.

The GOP ran likeable, middle-of-the-road, milk-toast candidates in 08 and 12, and not many registered Democrats voted for them.

Both Hilary and Trump are despicable, morally bankrupt, dishonest scumbags. I truly believe that. What a choice. But his policy stances (at least according to what he is currently saying) are way more consistent with my values, and his choice of VP seems to confirm that.