Thread: Charlottesville
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2017, 12:52 PM   #175
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Yes, antifa/anarchists are bad when they resort to violence but they don't have a history of killings like the KKK or Nazis so I wouldn't put them in the same sentence as Nazis. And I'm not here to defend them in any way - just comment on what our Pres. said.
"It doesn't make her a nazi and no one called her that. But if she was there to protest the removal and heard the vile chants about Jews and kept marching and didn't leave that would make her complicit"

Agreed. Well said.

"I think a fair interpretation of what Pres. Trump said was that they were equal in some way"

Most of the criticism I saw, was that he sympathized with the Nazis, and I think that was a looney tunes interpretation of what he said. He condemned violence and bigotry on all sides. Paul, if you look at what he has historically said on video, he condemns white supremacists again and again and again. Sure, he could have used better language to single out the Nazis. But it's quite a leap from that, to saying he sympathizes with them.

As usual, his language choice could have been better. That will be a very consistent criticism of the man.