View Single Post
Old 07-19-2018, 04:29 PM   #65
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Said it many times, I don't want Trump to fail. While I despise the man, his constant lies and miss truths and most especially his disrespectful treatment of most anyone who even hints they aren't in agreement;

I admit to not paying a high degree of attention to whom Trump treats disrespectfully. From what I've seen, he gets nasty with those who say negative things about him.

I keep hoping he would finally put his phone down and just thicken up the skin and do the job you were elected to do.

What job he was elected to do is he not doing?

The usual comeback to my statement above if also getting so fing old; what about Hillary, what about Obama, what about Bill.

Comparing how Trump is treated with how HC was is a current comparison. Comparing how the media reacted to Obama's actions or inactions to how it reacts to Trump's similar actions or inactions is a current comparison. And the comparisons are telling about how the media is biased. Besides, Hillary and Obama have not gone away. They are still on the scene and making comments about Trump.

In the very long run, I think eventually we need Russia, China, NK; I personally would hope this world isn't going to keep moving on the way it is with everyone looking out for just their own interest and boarders?

Isn't that what negotiations are about? Coming to mutually beneficial decisions? Baby steps leading to the long run?

I'm pretty sure Putin isn't ready to sit down and play nice in the global sand box and neither is NK; China however is moving itself forward better then anyone probably gives them credit for.

Russia, China, Brazil, India, and South Africa have joined in an international economic union, BRICS, that will compete with the US and its allies. So, obviously, those nations do want to cooperate with others for mutual economic growth. And more nations are interested in joining that union. Negotiations with each of those countries could be baby steps toward the long run. Each of those countries would probably love to have good trade relations with the US. Only negotiations could achieve those trade relations.

Putin and Trump are so similar in their need to be seen in a certain light, the summit was like watching a mutual admiration society meeting.
Would it have been better if they appeared to be scowling at each other, hating rather than "admiring" each other?