View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 04:12 PM   #55
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
It's another failure mode but an obvious one and puts tremendous pressure on local officials trying to balance safety with undue burden on their constituents. The Gov called for disaster assistance in advance and FEMA dropped the ball for several days resulting in a delayed response.

As for Jim's image of flooded school buses, give me a break. It's a picture, not an analysis.
it’s not just a picture. there is a plan written down in new orleans, those buses are supposed to be used to evacuate the poor in event of a hurucane. they had several days to enact that plan, but couldn’t pull it off. once bobby jindal was governor, when the next major hurricane hit, everyone was out. the difference, was competence in local leadership.

not just a picture, it most certainly is an analysis. you just don’t happen to like what the analysis says, because you aren’t capable of saying that the democratic mayor and governor, were pathetic. sobwas fema by the way, i could have driven water down there faster than they got it there, no excuse for that either. see, i can admit when my side blows it.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device