Thread: primaries
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 12:39 PM   #8
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Hey, we nominated a witch to run for the senate in 2010, right? That was at least as bad. Politics is often a dirty, dirty business.
She wasn't a witch Jim.

Quote:
Zimmy, Spence, I have news for you. There are hundreds and hundreds of Republicans running for US Congress in the midterms. I wish I could say with a straight face, that all of them are good people. They won't be. However, that only says so much about "the Republican party", which is more than Trump, more than the few hundred who run for Congress. There are tens of millions of registered Republicans. Voting for a candidate, is not an endorsement of everything that candidate says or does.
He was endorsed by the POTUS who's the de facto leader of the Republican party. Just shows that Trump would rather have extreme Trumpist candidates rather than actually win races.

Quote:
Bill Clinton recently said rules on 'what you can do to somebody against their will' have changed. Zimmy and Spence, are you responsible for that disgusting statement? Does that statement say anything about you at all?
It was a clumsy statement but put in context he clearly wasn't saying there ever was a time it was ok.