Thread: Sinatra
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 09:53 AM   #12
Crafty Angler
Geezer Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagger View Post
LOL ... A couple of years ago a co-worker and myself were on a job on Boylston St. Who comes walking down the street ,,no body guards ,, all alone ,, Tony Bennett ... I was quite impressed .. My bud ,, co worker just snarled as he walked by .. My buds italian ,,, Has no respect for Tony changing his Italian name .. Calls him Benedetti ... refuses to call him Bennett ..
Hey, not too long ago it wasn't cool to have a last name that ended in a vowel - that's why my last name is spelled the way it is.

Actually, my grandfather changed his name to Murphy (not legally) when he moved to NY - it was automatically assumed that you were part of the brotherhood if your name was Italian.

He was quite the ladies man in his day, I understand from what my uncle tells me - so they would have figured out he wasn't Irish...

DISCLAIMER

No affront to my Irish bretheren - it's a joke, for chrissakes...

"There is no royal road to this heavy surf-fishing. With all the appliances for comfort experience can suggest, there is a certain amount of hard work to be done and exposure to be bourne as a part of the price of success." From "Striped Bass," Scribner's Magazine, 1881.
Crafty Angler is offline   Reply With Quote