View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 12:33 PM   #2
FishermanTim

I'd believe we may become spoiled if we were "expecting" these results year after year, and when the expectations weren't met, we'd be b*tching, moaning and whining about how we were robbed and everyone else must be cheating because "we" aren't winning all the time.

Oh, wait, isn't that what the rest of the NFL thinks about us anyway???

I figure that unless something happens (management change) the trend for 500%+ teams will continue. It's not arrogance but rather belief that the team owners want to continue winning and will try to take steps to continue. Recruit and trade for players to develop a team "core" that you then build around. It's always been a key to success.

What I find ironically funny is that the local teams have fans that have no idea what many of us "older" fans had to endure during the 70's, 80's and 90's. Gee, imagine being proud of your team if they finished a season just over .500???
Man, I can remember being happy when our teams had a "winning" season. No championship, no rings, hell not even a divisional banner just that they won more than they lost.

Today's fans expect every year and every game to be a championship event. Sorry for the rant, but when our teams do lose, and they WILL, someone will have to be the "voice in their ear" saying "HA, HA, HA, NOW YOU KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE!!!!!"

I am a legend in my own mind!
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote