View Single Post
Old 10-27-2019, 08:11 AM   #63
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
You're not getting it Jim. It's all about belief. It's like a Muslim arguing with a Catholic. That discussion will get nowhere, except a fight. You have to understand that we are in the back end of a Post Modern age. There are no absolute truths. You have your truth and Pete has his truth. The concept of a philosophically Western style rational discussion based on reason and some semblance of basic values, or principles is of no use since those things don't exist. When it comes to differences, the only thing that matters is power. Who is the strongest, or can shout the loudest, or get the most followers to believe him, wins the argument.

Sea Dangles (and Got Stripers in his way) has it about right. There is no point to an actual discussion. Just say stuff. It's easier, and more fun.
i get all that. but when the libs here say the investigation is a sham, i’m just asking what they base that belief on? because they don’t know a single thing about the investigation yet, som curious as to how they’ve come to believe it’s a sham, based on zero knowledge.

if a muslim asks me why i prefer catholicism, i can articulate very specific reasons why, point to actual evidence that actually exists.

these guys can’t. i’ve asked them all, and except for GS, they completely dodged.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device