View Single Post
Old 04-30-2020, 10:07 AM   #19
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Grennell is the acting DNI since mid February because his sole qualification is that he is a Trumplican
He would not make it thru the legally required Senate process to become DNI.
Mr. Grenell has no experience as an intelligence officer at any level, nor has he overseen a large government bureaucracy. He has served in government only as communications director for the U.S. ambassador to the U.N. during the George W. Bush administration, and since May 2018 as ambassador to Germany. (In the interim, he founded and ran a public affairs consultancy, advising and commenting on Fox News.)
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Attempting to kill the messenger is a weak attempt to discredit the message. This tactic is used when you cannot debunk the message.

The article I posted also included this statement by Col. R. Shane Day, director of the NCMI who responded to an ABC story that there were very early intelligence warnings re a possible pandemic. The director said:

"As a matter of practice the National Center for Medical Intelligence does not comment publicly on specific intelligence matters. However, in the interest of transparency during this current public health crisis, we can confirm that media reporting about the existence/release of a National Center for Medical Intelligence Coronavirus-related product/assessment in November of 2019 is not correct. No such NCMI product exists," the statement said.

The director, Col. Day, was not, obviously, going to publicly reveal classified data, but he saw the need to squelch media disinformation. His well guarded language was a way of saying that the media reports were not true in terms of intel assessing its information in the way the media interpreted it.

No report by any media outlet could state actual intel assessment that was briefed to the President. Anti-Trump media appeared to be more than happy to "assess" it for us.

I have asked you a few time to tell us what actual information was relayed to Trump. Which you never did. So, other than just making bald statements that Trump disregarded intel, give us the actual intel information and assessments that he disregarded.

Last edited by detbuch; 04-30-2020 at 10:13 AM..