Thread: 2A Rally 3/27
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 07:39 PM   #8
MotoXcowboy

I say our "rights" have been violated

i think when they said "bear arms" it means own, but also the right to carry

awb bans?

how about domestic violence offenders, and felons having "lifetime" bans

I believe if you are a free man on your own two feet with all debts to society made good, then you are entitled to the exact same god given right to life liberty and the persuit of happiness as any other "free man" right next to you.

otherwise just keep them locked up or execute!!! its that simple..

especially dv offenders. i know some good people who had rough relationships and ended up losing rights over some petty bullsh. to me thats wrong. after all its a misdemeanor taking away a persons god given right? but wait they can still vote, hold office, ect ect..

even funnier, they allow these same dv offenders to own compound bows, black powder firearms. both which could easily take out family members..same day purchase with no paperwork. figure that out>>> my friend says he cant have centerfire firearms or ammo because of a 10yr old case that happend when he was 19. All the guy wants to do is hunt with a modern firearm to provide food and protect his new family...

his wife is allowed to have firearms but they have to be locked up away from him.

i dont get it.

its also in violation of
i believe it also violates amendment 8 cruel and unusual punishment

and it violates
Article I, Section 9 of the constitution makes clear that Congress cannot pass a law which criminalizes or penalizes activities committed before the enactment of a law. Critics argue that the Lautenberg bill adds a punishment which did not exist at the time of the crime. The argument is that innocent men might take into consideration the slight punishment they were then facing and plead guilty simply to avoid a trial. Later, they would be confronted with an additional punishment - i.e., not being able to own a gun.
ex-post facto

what you all dont realize is they just want to take and take and take, whos next? guys loses rights over a verbal assault with another man...ect, ect? they want to strip the nation..

which will further enable them powers to do their dirty deeds. i think were due for a revolution but most people think im crazy.
..i think its coming sooner than later. i feel more comfortable at home knowing there is a firearm inside seeing as the closest cops where i live are usually 15-20mins away.. alot usually happens in that time frame.