View Single Post
Old 09-09-2022, 06:42 AM   #92
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
if climate change will have an apocalyptic effect on the planet, why do so many of the biggest mouths in that movement, have massive carbon footprints? it doesn’t look like john kerry believes what you’re saying. If you’re right, and we all lived like Obama and Hihn Kerry and Al Gore, wes all be up the creek without a paddle, tight?

fine let’s have a debate. a short time ago it was global
warming. them that was disproved, donnie it’s more of a blanket term, climate change. None of the dire predictions made by this group have come true. Tells me the models are flawed with bad assumptions.

i spend more time in the water and in the woods than most. I wants. healthy environment. I believe things are changing, I believe man is likely having an effect. I’m nowhere near convinced that the outcome will be an apocalypse. And again, on what basis would you say that Obama and Gore and Kerry believe what they’re selling? Their choices indicate that they are choosing personal luxury over the environment. So who gets to crap all over the planet to live in luxury, and who is supposed to make actual sacrifices?

I have a big solar system covering both sides of my roof and drive. Nissan Leaf.
Global warming is not disproved.

The most effective methods for combating climate change are using renewable energy, optimizing energy use and preventing energy loss. These are areas we can address, today, that don’t require seismic shifts in how we live.
One strategy is to reduce carbon emissions for shorter forms of travel. We can subsidize the production and sales of electric cars. We can promote the development of high-speed electric railway systems that offer a green alternative to short- and mid-range flights.

It’s always easier to complain than act.

Do you have a Bernie sticker on your leaf?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin