View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 09:02 PM   #1
SAUERKRAUT
surfwalker

Surf Spin Rod for Braided Line

I feel I'm being forced to strip down my Lami GSB 132 1L and completely reconfigure it if I want to use braided line trouble free. Four plus times a night while casting braid, the line loop will overwrap itself around either the tip top, or the next guide down. During the season, this recurrent problem has sometimes resulted in a line breakoff, and twice literally ripped a guide. Most of the time, however, it grabs, slows the line flow down, and then I have to go up to the top with my hands and release the single pesky overwrap from the guide. I never had this problem casting mono.

Currently this rod has five guides before the tip. The first guide is a 55 mm. wire Mildrum type. the other four are graduated Fuji SiC from 30 mm. down.

Will this solve my problem: add an extra, 6th guide to the setup; bring the 1st guide closer to the reel (say within 36"); and downsize the whole guide train ring size?

Did I explain this issue succinctly enough? I am most curious if anybody else has been suffering this.

Last edited by SAUERKRAUT; 09-18-2008 at 09:21 PM.. Reason: spelling
SAUERKRAUT is offline   Reply With Quote