View Single Post
Old 04-03-2016, 09:35 PM   #5
redlite

Typical chevy problems. Rusted rockers and cab corners. Been through it with others and gotta do it with my '02. Other big thing is spring shackles and rear shock brackets. Not too expensive but whore of a job and need welding. Go on youtube and watch videos of rocker panel replacmts. About $2k each dependin on how bad. They suck. Gotta do mine. Other Cheap but not pretty options availanlble. Like metal hvac tape. Spring shackles and shock brackets gotta take bed off to fix. Been there. Done that.
Also jack up front end and give wheels jiggle wiggle with a bar to see if need ball joints. Another inherint whore of a job.bumpers are notorious for rustin through and cant get sticker with rust holes. About $250- $300 for after market bumper and bitch puttin on cause only get metal bumper and need to CAREFULLY transfer all plastic parts over to new one Unless was plowed or trailered heavy loads engine and tranny should be good for at least 250k miles. Without seein truck wouldnt pay more thAn $4500 for it cause the nickel and dime time is comin on it. Water pump/ thermostat housing )$300, brake lines$$$$ cross member rust. Dash lites start goin out. Window regulators start #^&#^&#^&#^&tin bed ($150) Despite it id never buy anything but chevy/ gmc. Last 2 are still on road and i sold em with over 300k miles on em
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
redlite is offline   Reply With Quote