View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 01:00 PM   #24
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Come on Bryan. His environmental footprint is huge, the last thing he un-plugged was his treadmill (ba-dum-bum-pssh). He certainly seems to live his life in a way that suggests that he isn't even a little bit concerned about minimizing our environmental impact. That, plus the fact that he has made tens of millions off this movement, should make anyone skeptical.
I am on board, I think, with the notion of man-made warming, and I'm happy to pay taxes to study it more. But why anyone thinks Al Gore cares about this movement, is beyond me. If he's correct, and if everyone lived like him, North Dakota would be exporting pineapples by now.
Agreed. But that was not what Ronnie said, though.

Al Gore is a spokesperson, an advocate. Not a scientist. He carries little weight on the issue with me. My understanding is he was purchasing carbon credits to offset his usage, although that is from memory.

Glad you are coming around. It is a real issue, and one we need to start adapting to, particularly coastal cities. Not hair on fire react to, but sea level is rising, which we can measure, and will continue to be the way we see impacts first in the northeast. It will be the ‘nuisance floods’ which will start to hit municipal budgets first, barring a major storm. See Annapolis or Norfolk as good examples.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"