View Single Post
Old 05-27-2022, 08:42 AM   #86
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
More than 100 TV ads from Republican candidates and conservative-aligned groups showed guns or used guns as a talking point this year,

Pull your head from the Sand

the GOP unwillingness to try to prevent these Crimes is the actual issue ..

And chicago has a Gang and Gun Issue .. but get back to me when there intent is shooting and killing children Wholesale ..

How And Why Chicago Violence Became Conservatives' Favorite Talking Point

and clearly yours

For a certain segment of conservative politicians and pundits—far from all, to be sure—pointing out what is often referred to as “black-on-black crime” in Chicago has become the preferred shorthand for castigating ineffectual liberalism, reinforcing racial wedges and feigning a concern for crime victims—even when their voting records paint a different picture of their priorities.

https://chicagoist.com/2016/08/29/ho...nce_became.php
chicago style violence claims way more lives than these mass shootings. John had the numbers

Your side ignores that, because it’s not a politically winning issue for them.

I’m not distorting anything. your side is. they spend all their energy on mass shootings because they think it helps them win elections.

They never talk about the much larger scale problem, because it makes their side look incompetent. Which, unfortunately for you, they are.

CT has had pure un checked
liberalism for decades. Sandy Hook happened here. Was that somehow the fault of republicans, who control nothing here in CT?

again, i’m reacting to actual results. You’re only reacting to what helps your ideology. Even now.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device