View Single Post
Old 05-31-2022, 08:14 AM   #143
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
It's not harder to be rich in liberal states. The stats prove otherwise. You're holding the location of Ct against CT while ignoring the advantages of the location of FL. The CT debt sucks. But people aren't moving to FL. just bc of taxes/policies. The US pop. is getting older so they want to move to warmer place and get out of the snow/cold.

It is not as simple as looking at one metric and ignoring others. Every state has its good/bad.
i just proved it’s harder to be wealthy in CT. living here costs me $1,000 more each month, compared to the cost of living in NH. Hundreds of thousands of dollars over a lifetime. And i have literally nothing to show for that. I get nothing i couldnt get in a nice NH suburb like Hollis or Brookline.

My salary has absolutely nothing to do with the state government of CT. Absolutely nothing. Neither does the salary of the hedge fund managers in New Canaan.

You’re confusing correlation with causation. it’s a common mistake, and a gigantic mistake.

Today’s democratic party platform is attractive to the wealthy. Today’s republican platform is attractive to the working poor. Neither party is causing its fans to be wealthy or poor.

if people are moving for weather, why are they moving to FL and not to southern CA.

You have fun answering that one.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device