Thread: Iran
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2019, 09:55 AM   #32
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Having a leader who doesn’t read, doesn’t like or believe what he hears in briefings, governs by tweet and even goes so far as to warn Iran we are about to strike is NOT how this situation gets diffused. IF that drone was downed in international airspace a strong president would have immediately responded militarily, Trump is a paper Twitter tiger, growls loudly, but has no claws or bite. He brought this on himself and he is clueless on how to deal with it. Middle East problems demand understanding, diplomacy and military strategy which escapes Trump across the board.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
we’ve had every conceiveable kind
if president over my lifetime, none has done
anything to improve things there. so i can point to what all of them have done since jimmy carter, and what kind of president they were? and conclude that every single one of them failed miserable at getting Iran in line. we’ve tried everything except invading, and nothing has worked ( not supporting invasion, just saying that intellectual
articulate presidents also failed regarding iran).

Let’s not pretend Trump caused this, or that his personality is making it much worse than it was. they’re a rogue state that sponsors terrorists and helps them kill innocent people. none of our presidents has changed that much.

obama tried to pay them off, howd that work out?

the problem isn’t trump. it’s iran. our friendship with israel, who Iran hates, makes it very tricky.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device