View Single Post
Old 07-04-2019, 12:26 AM   #104
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Just like Trump, you can't help yourself. Again, as just about every time you post about Trump, you do what he does, this time you falsely imply that I don't listen to politicians speak. I didn't say that I didn't listen to them speak. I said that "I value actual political philosophy and practice more than political speechmaking--most of which is self-serving". That is, the principles upon which, for instance, Progressivism, Libertarianism, Conservatism are established and how they are actually practiced are more valuable to me for making choices than the self-serving political speechifying meant to look good and get votes and money while making the opposition look bad.

I do listen to the speechifying (which is mostly lies, especially when held to the standard of Trump "lies"), but it's value to me is miniscule compared to what the true aim and practice of the party is.

So, again, you create a Trump-like "lie," a false narrative, or an error, or a mistake, and only you can know if you intended it. Like Trump, you probably didn't.

When you accuse Trump of "lying," you might want to check the internal mirror first.
Perhaps my question was not clear enough, it certainly inspired you to go on another bout of pontification
I’ll phrase it in a simple manner
Prior to trump’s election how did you determine he was a viable candidate since he had zero political history to demonstrate his actual political philosophy?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin