View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 01:05 PM   #2
clcharette
Get off my Rock

Was that the same guy that said that no recs are reporting their catch and the ones catching more than one per week are selling them to the black market and that NMFS knows this and isn't doing anything about it? Thats a bunch a bull. Like that really helped anything, some of those guys will never change.

One thing that I'm hearing from rec guys is that maybe we should make up catches so we fill the quota. First of all it's illegal and secondly the recs already exceeded there quota for 2007 and 2008 and all this would do is shut down the season earlier. Its not the rec quota that needs to be filled, its the commercial guys that have too many constraints against them and can't come up with the allowable quota. Oh yeah, it seems to me if things get approved as is then the angling category will not be able to keep that one fish over 73", just another screwing.

A lot of guys put together well thought out speeches in favor of the various categories and my applause goes out to those guys. It seems like a lot of guys are on board to do what ever is required to save our quota, I'm just not sure anyone at NMFS gives too %$%$%$%$s.

Last edited by clcharette; 03-05-2009 at 01:47 PM.. Reason: spelling
clcharette is offline   Reply With Quote