Thread: wicked tuna....
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 03:45 PM   #20
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

OK. Was fun to watch here in March. But did they need to get whiny, backstabbing, liars in front of the cameras? Can't stand that crap in season nevermind see it on TV. No reason to give wrong numbers to someone on the radio and send them on a goosechase. I don't say much on a radio, but won't screw someone either. Just tell them I would rather not say. Closer to shore, I use a cell to communicate with "trusted" boats. Tunalessgreg is my most trusted locally , yet the Montauk in him has sent me to a desert once.... but not again as we have since "discussed" that incident. There is respect between us, to the point that I have never taken numbers of the many cod spots he has taken me to on his boat. Stuff that should be understood. The TV show makes it look like they're ALL idiots out on the banks, not just the ones we happen to know or hear on the radio. Too much of that crap taken to the extreme. Glad I have a handful of boats that I can trust and trade good intel with. They should have RR on next year's show. He'd fit in well.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote