Thread: New find thread
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2018, 08:10 PM   #29
MikeD

Not really a single recommendation but a beercentric review of a trip I just did up to Portland, ME. If you like eating and drinking and need a night or two away, this place is worth considering. We stayed in Old Port and could walk to everything, which keeps it nice and legal. Uber works great up there too so you can be a little outside and still enjoy all there is to do without driving. You guys seem to like the Hazy IPA's like me so I'll start there. Bissell Brothers, Battery Steele, Goodfire, Lone Pine, Austin Street are 5 brewery's that are right there in portland and are making IPA's that will stand up to your Trillium, Treehouse and Proclamations. The beers I had that really stood out. BB: Substance, Swish, Reciprocal, Lux (rye IPA). Battery Steele: Flume, Avalon Goodfire: Waves, Prime. Lone Pine: Tee Shirt Cannon. Austin St: Neverender, Patina.

So for a hop lover this place has a ton of amazing local options. Then there's the bars and restaurants. If you want to try all the brewery's I just mentioned plus have killer stout and Belgian options like KBS, and Brouwerij Drie Fonteinen Gueuze on tap try Kings Head on Commercial right near Liquid Riot. Awesome food, Awesome bar staff, insane draft list. Novare Res eclipses this place with beer options but I liked the vibe and food better at Kings Head. Thirsty Pig and Duck Fat were also favorites for me and the wife.

Hot Suppa for fancy breakfast or Becky's for great traditional diner breakfast makes you ready to head out and bang out another 20,000 calorie day all over again. Awesome town. Highly recommend.

Cheers!
Mike
MikeD is offline   Reply With Quote