View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 05:35 AM   #20
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
I certainly made the statement somewhat in jest. The discussion is interesting but I just can't imagine Romney beating Obama. The Primary candidates are doing much of the job for the Democrats with all their mudslinging.
I don't know JD, it could help more than hurt, the same mud will be slung before the campaign ends regardless of who is slinging it, old mud(news) tends not to stick as it is often thought of or smartly characterized by the recipient as "old", I think voters tend to discount issues that the think have been previously debated, also, the nominee will have had ample time in many debate formats to have dealt with the particular issue....Obama is going to have to defend his record, and no matter how hard he tries to hide it he is very prickly and does not like to be questioned..particularly after nearly 4 years of being king...the economy, regardless of how they fudge the unemployment numbers is not doing well and the forecast for gas prices, unemp, housing etc...are not likely to show any real improvement that he'll be able to point to and that most people will believe...that's what he has to convince voters of...the Middle East is a time bomb and Europe is on the edge of disaster and there is a lot of simmering unrest here all of which the MSM seems to ignore in addition to numnerous administration scandals....will 4 more years of Obama and his policies make things better economically and with regard to our freedoms or will we continue this sluggish crawl toward massive government dependence and government intrusion and is that what the voters desire and accept as "better" ?

Last edited by scottw; 02-12-2012 at 05:45 AM..