View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 03:14 PM   #17
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Quote:
Originally Posted by basswipe View Post
While I'm still awaiting my exile I have to comment on this thread.

Excellent reply Slip.Couldn't have said it better myself but I'll try anyway.

To likwid:For the last 20+yrs I have worked construction mostly as a painter and before that did 4yrs myself.My oh such much better half has worked for the same insurance company for 29yrs.Between taxes,the mortgage and a thousand other headaches we are just getting by.When I donate it has to count,I'm sure as hell not going to donate to an organization that pays the people who run it six figure salaries and whether you approve or not,WWP is now one of those organizations.

Their really are places you can donate your money(and time!) to where all of it goes to the people who truly need it...just look in your local community.
I donate my money and time to WWP because of what they do, because of people I've met that helped found programs that are part of WWP. Because of people I've met that WWP has helped that is grateful for it existing.

Because they saved a friend of mine from blowing his brains out when the VA basically told him he was ok.

So you know what? Go donate your time and money wherever you want, if you want to run your mouth, swing around to an event and tell the organizers and wounded vets there what you think of WWP.

Or just eff off.

Up to you.

This quote says it all:

Quote:
Look. I've gotten a lot out of being in the WWP as I was medivac out of Afghanistan. Who cares if he CEO keeps the majority of proceeds, if members in program get what they need while an WWP Alumni thats what matters. All of you BOZOS need to focus on whining more about more serious crap.

Last edited by likwid; 01-30-2014 at 03:21 PM..

Ski Quicks Hole
likwid is offline   Reply With Quote