View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 02:07 PM   #18
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
OK, lets try a different approach (I really want to understand).

Spence, from a Progressive point of view, or however you associate your political beliefs, can you tell me what is either wrong with or opposed to these basic principles:

1. Limited Government
2. Fiscal Responsibility
3. Personal Responsibility
4. The Rule of Law
5. National Sovereignty
The initial article RIJ was used as an example of bias was talking about two specific Tea Party candidates that many would find have beliefs that fall outside of the mainstream. That they share other commonly held beliefs isn't the point...it's that they actually fought against the GOP establishment and found support regardless.

Then they question if these candidates will fair well against Dems in November, precisely because they are considered by many to be right wing.

There are a good number of Tea Party candidates also in the general election who are far more moderate. These people are not the focus of the story, which is both time and context sensitive.

As for the points, I think they're all good things to strive for. Although some more than others might need to be tempered at times with reason. Absolutes can be dangerous, Obi Wan taught us that.

-spence