View Single Post
Old 01-13-2022, 08:33 PM   #45
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
You could compare one state to another all you want but the fact of the matter is Georgia is changing their laws to make it harder for people to vote. It has nothing to do with fraud. The INTENT is to limit people's ability to vote.

If you think that's an insult stop your whining. You can take that as an insult I guess.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
If the intent is to limit peoples ability to vote, then it would limit the ability of potentially everyone in Georgia to vote since it applies to all the counties in Georgia not just to Fulton, and to all Republicans as well as Dems in Fulton and the other counties. Drop boxes were a Covid emergency program, not something that was meant to be forever. Lowering the number of drop boxes may be less convenient for some, but does not limit the ability to vote. Making it more and more convenient can lead to making it easier for shenanigans. The most reliable method is in person voting with ID. If we expand the number of days or weeks to vote, and we create more polling places and more hours in the day to vote, that should take care the problem of long lines and ability to easily walk to a voting location, and would make in person voting more convenient.

I prefer the most reliable way to the most convenient. I believe voting is too important (one of the most important things in a democratic system) to settle for convenience over reliability. Even if some believe that there is supposedly no evidence of substantial fraud.

And Georgia's voting law has been lied about:

https://news.yahoo.com/setting-recor...164658566.html