View Single Post
Old 11-28-2017, 03:52 PM   #53
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"Love the fetus, care less about the baby"

And your evidence of this, is what, exactly?The Repub. budget and tax bill which both hurt the poor (as I stated below)

"Look at the Repub. budget and tax bill. Both hurt the poor '

Not sure how doubling the standard deduction hurts the poor, most of whom utilize the standard deduction. It may help the rich more...but that's not the same thing as hurting the poor.Every analysis that I have seen says the tax bills hurt the lower income people (some said below 35K, others up to 125K in yearly income) and benefit the rich. If the end result is that someone making less money pays more in taxes and someone making more money pays less in taxes that shows where the Repub. priorities are.

"The thing that makes me laugh about the whole thing is Pres. Trump is making fun of Warren for lying yet lies more than any other politician in history (probably more than 99.9% of people). His base eats it up though"

Most of the conservatives here have criticized Trump for his many shortcomings. I'm not to blame for his personal behavior. "Your team/side" voted for him when they had many other choices - woman, more conserv, less conserv, minorities

Bottom line Repub. policies hurt the poor and benefit the rich.