View Single Post
Old 11-19-2018, 11:25 PM   #36
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
But they certainly love it that Trump too claims to be a nationalist

So do a lot of other people, including those who are not white. So, if the Alt right love ice cream, or turkey on thanksgiving, that must mean that everyone else that does are also White Nationalist Alt Right? Do you not like ice cream or turkey? Or anything that White Nationalists like?

BTW, Hitler didn't like all whites. He wasn't a white nationalist per se. More of a Germanic or Aryan Nationalist.

But words don’t matter

Of course words matter. But you don't truly understand that. You don't recognize the difference in a word when it is used in a different context. You don't understand that a word can mean different things depending on how it is used. In a different way that changes its meaning. It's not a difficult concept to understand. A 6th grader should be able to understand it.

But I think you actually do understand that. You simply and obstinately refuse to admit what is obvious because it doesn't suit your preferred image of Trump.

There are different meanings to the word "nationalist." Such as these copied from The Free Dictionary:

"nationalist – nationalistic – patriotic
1. 'national'
National is used to describe something that belongs to or is typical of a particular country or nation.
...the national economy.
...changes in the national diet.
2. 'nationalist'
Nationalist is usually a noun. A nationalist is someone who tries to obtain political independence for his or her country.
...Basque nationalists.
You can also use nationalist as an adjective to describe people, movements, or ideas."

These are general definitions. The word, obviously, can be used in a totally specific manner. It is probably used most often in a specifically negative sense. And so those who hate, or dislike, or "despise" Trump, fervently stick to the negative meaning even in the face of Trumps stated meaning of his type of nationalism. I can only think that this is a deliberate, intentional trick to make it appear that Trump is admitting to be some Alt Right, Nazi like, fascist, racist, xenophobe.

Lives can be quantified as dollars
The short term result is all that counts

That sounds interesting but undirected in a meaningful way.

I don’t hate the Con, despise would be accurate
You’ll figure it out sooner or later
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I didn't have to figure it out. You specifically spelled it out and I believe you. I'll try to remember that you "despise" not that you "hate" him.

Maybe you'll be able to figure out the difference between the Trump/Bannon spelled out form of nationalism and the Alt Right and Hitler type of nationalism. It's not difficult to understand. I think you can do it.