View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 08:08 PM   #9
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
this kind of targeted assassination has been accepted practice for awhile in certain situations. did you express this concern when Bin Laden was assassinated? Or is it only concerning when trump
does it?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
There are a number of differences between OBL and a high ranking Iranian military commander with vastly different geopolitical ramifications.

I have zero issues that he deserved to be taken out for a career of evil. Mike Lee at least for the R's was that the briefing today was unconvincing for the true imminent threat. (I would point out that many of the Dems felt the same but their credibility is lacking with some here)

My concern, is that Trump is making these decisions in a very small vacuum with little thought for ramifications. I seriously doubt he discussed this with allies in the region and beyond. I don't doubt that Obama discussed the short and long-term ramifications of taking out OBL in great detail well ahead of taking him out.

Maybe I am wrong but based on Trump's apparent flippant approach to foreign policy, I think he got VERY lucky that this didn't escalate rapidly.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"