View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 09:30 PM   #10
Slingah

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokinwet View Post
Being an old fart I've seen them all..Dylans 1st elec. concert w/the Band at Symphony Hall, Beatles at Suffolk Downs , Hendrix at the Garden, Jeff Beck Band w/Rod Stewart on vocals & J.Tull as opening "unknown" band at Symp. Hall ...but I have to pick these 3 tied for best. 1st was the original FleetwoodMac w/Peter Green at the BostonTeaParty...PG;the most emotionally expressive player I've ever heard and a major influence in my playing career and hands down the best live band entertainers...ever; 2nd.. The Who at the Music Hall for their Who's Next Tour. The whole building was pitch dark while the synth intro to Won't Get Fooled Again (?)played. When Townsend hit that 1st thunderous chord and Daltry let out that primal scream "Yeeeeaaa" the stage lights went on and Daltry and Townsend were about 4 ft. in the air doing their trademark mic swing and windmill...freeking unbelievable...you could "feel" the sound..my ears have been ringing ever since. And last but not least BB King @ Northeastern Univ. in 69. Most of the crowd was from the Roxbury community and I was sitting with my buddy in the balcony.. 2 token white boys.. in the middle of about 50 very enthusiastic black ladies. These ladies were standing on their chairs dancin and screamin"Tell Your Tale BB" and we were caught up in the moment with them..it looked like the crowd in that Ralph Machio/Steve Vai "duel with the devil" in the Crossroads movie. BB did 4 encores..they wouldn't let him off the stage. He was throwing guitar picks, his tie..everything but Lucille..out into the crowd. When he came back on after the 3rd encore he said he didn't have a pick left and people started throwing em back at him. He picked one up off the stage and ripped into his final tune...40 years ago and I still remember it like it was yesterday.
great post...I am jealous...
Slingah is offline   Reply With Quote