View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 08:15 PM   #6
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
If an attack like that happened what should people say about it?
Should the first reaction be maybe it didn't happen?
Why do they have to apologize for an honest statement about what they believe happened?

There is this very critical word that the Press and Politicians must use in these cases: ALLEGED. To proclaim something as racially and incitement-to-violence loaded as this is as fact is the proverbial height of irresponsibility. You, the leftist media, Never Trumpers and Trump haters, excoriate Trump for saying things that you INTERPRET as racist, even if they actually aren't, and claim that they are words that offend and promote far right violence.

But here, for you, these are merely honest statements of belief. Ku Klux Klansmen and Nazis make honest statements of belief that those who made these unsubstantiated statements would brand as criminal, prejudiced, hate speech, and cause for imprisonment.

Maybe the guy who is so blind to white privilege and sees black and Latino unemployment went down as something special, "even though they are black I got them jobs, look at me, I'm special" should apologize.
Maybe all those who are blind to their own hypocrisy should apologize. But they won't. And what is this grand privilege that assumes those who supposedly have it are automatically, ipso facto, assumed guilty before proven innocent? And not apologized to when they are found innocent?