View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 09:15 AM   #18
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
All the coverage I saw of the incident was reported with a healthy bit of skepticism from the beginning. Seems like a poorly planned publicity stunt. You didn't know who the guy was and now you do. If it was a hoax he'll likely be a felon soon.
I don't know what coverage you saw, everything I saw was the guy was a victim of a hate crime. No "let's see what facts develop".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Kamela Harris and Corey Booker said it was a modern day lynching. Nancy Pelosi and Alexandra Cortez said it was a "racist, homophopbic" attack.

If that represents a "healthy bit of skepticism" to you, boy I hope I don't live long enough to see you feel that anyone actually rushed to judgment.

I don't doubt that he'll get what's coming to him (though he may enjoy prison). What about the 4 politicians I mentioned? Will they go on the air and apologize for fanning the flames of racial tensions?

^^ He is correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
If an attack like that happened what should people say about it?
Should the first reaction be maybe it didn't happen?
Why do they have to apologize for an honest statement about what they believe happened?

Maybe the guy who is so blind to white privilege and sees black and Latino unemployment went down as something special, "even though they are black I got them jobs, look at me, I'm special" should apologize.
The First reaction should be "Such and such claims to be a victim of an attack of..." First reports of often enough wrong that we will wait for more information"

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: