View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 08:56 AM   #67
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

I read Spence's post and you get lost in all the blab. I like things simple.
An absoulte FACT, Hillary Clinton proposed a $5000 benefit for woman having children.
to 179's point - dont take my money and give it away. A child is a choice (right libs?) so dont make me pay for someones choice.
A govenments role is to provide opportunity and not charity. Some people need help, but for many that becomes a crutch.
My wifes family came here from India in the early 80s ( she is Chinese) her Dad died after a few years here, her Mom, who barely spoke English, raised 3 kids in San Francisco, all alone. All her kids are college educated (they put themeselves through school) and very successful. They didnt whine about race, they didnt whine about welafare, The got off there arse and got it done, which is what ALL immigrants did for years coming to this country. This is the land of opportunity, opportunity means HARD work.
The more money the governmetn takes in taxes, the less money I spend on landscaping, fast food, imports, etc. That takes money right out of the hands of the people, who as Spence says, are trying to get off the ground. The wealthy benefit the poor by "buying" goods and services, which in turn benefits those who work. Give a man a fish he eats for day, teach a man to fish he eats for a lifetime.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all