View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 01:53 PM   #35
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
See below in red
"I suspect Major Hasan had some training "

True. My point was, banning the AR-15 does not mean we don't still have a big problem. You can do a lot of damage with a pistol in a confined space with a lot of people.

"Have your children ever done something stupid or dangerous that you absolutely never would have thought possible"

Yes, which is one reason why I don't allow guns in my house. I didn't say to arm the kindergarteners. I said trained professionals. Even that can backfire, one of them could accidentally or intentionally kill someone. Could happen, it's possible. It's also possible an armed professional can either prevent an attack, or make an attack less tragic with fewer victims. Time for an honest conversation. You talk about accidents, which is one side of the conversation. The other side, is how many lives might be saved? We need to look honestly at both sides, and see if it's worth it. You only brought one side of the conversation, the reasons not to do it.

Most decisions involve weighing the pros and cons. You listed the cons, and ignored the pros.

I know 17 families in FL and 20 in CT who would give ANYTHING for an armed pro to have been at those 2 schools. You forgot to mention that. It's dishonest to not mention that.