View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 09:37 AM   #13
fishbones

In general, people of all races are becoming more rude and disrespectful of others. And it's not a real new thing. It's been going on for years. As I've gotten older, I see less manners, less holding open of doors, less "thanks" when something nice is done for another person, etc... I don't know if it's because people are raised to be A-holes now or if parents just don't have the time to teach their kids manners and how do be a decent human being. Or maybe it's what they see on tv as being ok or the fact that there's so much less face to face contact with other people because of cell phones and computers. What I do see more and more now are people (both young and older) that have no respect for others and feel like they can walk around angry like the world owes them something.

It doesn't stop me from trying to be nice to most people, but it does make me realize that there are a lot of sucky people out there.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio