View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 06:41 AM   #13
Rockfish9

Quote:
Originally Posted by piemma View Post
BTW, I used a new Husqui 562 the other day and it is a screamer. The commercial guys consider the Husqvarna's the rice rockets of the saw world and the Stihls the Harley Davidsons. The Husquis do rev much higher.
if you want to see the Harley Davidson of chainsaws, you need to operate my 1972 Remington with a 26" blade...it takes 2 men and a boy to operate it... I still use it to cut ice to drop a dip net...I guess they made that saw for when men were men...

I have a 80's vintage partner 18" that is a little work horse.. I pulled it out of a dumpster( someone took it completely apart and boxed it up then threw it away) many years ago,I put it back together and it's been running ever since..not even a carb adjustment... they don't make anything like that anymore...it'll sit for a year and still start after 3 or 4 pulls..

I run all my power equipment on Amisiol 100:1 mixed at 80:1... all fuel is treated with Star-tron..

Last year I bought an Echo battery operated 18" chain saw ( so I could do yard work early in the AM with out aggravating the neighbors)... for the average person this is a great thing... just leave the battery in the charger ( it has a maintenance mode)and it's instantly ready when you need it.. I've cut a lot of wood with it ( mostly pine and cedar), and the battery lasts a long time... with anything 4" and smaller it's every bit as fast as a gas chain saw.. it's light and has no vibration...I was so impressed with it I bought the string trimmer and leaf blower to match ( that also gives me plenty of spare batteries should the need arise)

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote