Thread: trip north
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2016, 07:48 AM   #2
Rockfish9

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko View Post
so the kids and I want to plan a weekend in January todo some ice fishing up north (nh,vt,me). we are pretty crappy ice fishermen but still have a lot of fun doing it. I need some ideas on places to go - we mostly just fish local but its time to expand our horizons
I fish the lakes region...more specific Wolfeboro every weekend once the ice is safe...I can provide a good kid friendly spot that has many different species of fish. Including abundant small mouth bass.. white perch and outsized pickerel... ( it also contains rainbow trout.. some topping the 6 lb mark)...if you guys want to hook up some weekend I'd be happy to help out.. I have extra gear... power and hand augers and 2 portable shelters and a 4 wheeler to haul all that crap.. if your planning to stay overnight.. the winddrifter is a no frills place I've stayed at every winter for 20 years.. not sure if they have larger rooms but it's just enough for a place to crash after a long day on the ice.. get a hot shower ... cook a meal ...I know a few other fishing spots there locally that aren't quite as productive and the parking is a little tougher..

I don't fish Vermont any more.. but do make a few trips to Sebec in Maine latter in the season and fish Moosehead as well...I have friends with cottages on both lakes. so that is my in there...

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote