View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 05:35 PM   #45
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Gotcha.

Well if they told him to change his imnd, I would be in agreement. Due process has to come before we strip constitutionally-guaranteed freedoms from US citizens. The feds can't take something away, and then we petition to get that freedom back.

Due process must come first. The constitution could not be more clear. You disagree?
It's a slippery slope ...due process ignored the Fla shooter ,,, I know in Mass a 209a protection order or admission to a detox voluntary or in voluntary gets a knock at your door to secure all weapons .... it's automatic . You can get them back via Due process ... but they can't just take them based on a unnamed caller or because some thinks your weird..

so whos rights gets priority those of a possible shooter or those of his potential victum's ?..

Be inconvenienced. In court to get your guns back due process

Be inconvenienced because your dead no due process

The possibility of abuse exists that's why we have courts .. reasonable people who have nothing to hide and operate with in the rules won't be effected .

And I don't buy that the freedom to own a gun is absolute. Or with out restriction
Or the fantasy this leads to taking people's guns .... it's just not based in facts