Thread: 34 shot
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2020, 07:08 PM   #48
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim its only in your imagination that Conservatives even care...Aug. 6, 2018: 74 people shot, 12 fatally, in Chicago over the weekend

I2018. In total, the year saw an estimated 2,391 shootings with 2,948 shooting victims, police said. In 2017, there were 2,777 shootings and in 2016 there were 3,550.

Funny Trump didn't send any one in any of these years so yea faux concerns...

Can you say election

I have no illusions.. dems dont avoid talking about whats happening because it happen every year and has been for decades ... I just love the revisionist view conservatives have on the topic
"Jim its only in your imagination that Conservatives even care.'

Is it my imagination that conservatives embrace the exact policies that will reduce the cycle of poverty and violence in cities like Chicago? Specifically, strong traditional families, the benefit of faith, school choice, good jobs with upward economic mobility? AM I imagining it that democrats oppose these ideas? Am I imagining it that democrats have an obvious vested interest in making sure that huge numbers of impoverished people continue to live in cities, since 95% of them vote democrat? That's all in my head? Interesting.

Please answer this specifically...is it only in my imagination that at the last SOTU, republicans were wildly celebrating the lowest black unemployment ever, while democrats were miserable about that fact? What's your response to that, exactly? Is that what happened? And if so, why? Why didn't the democrats see low black unemployment as a cause for celebration?