Thread: 34 shot
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2020, 07:08 AM   #56
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
It sounds like the amount of vandalism hasn't been that widespread. The local police were handling it but also infringing on the rights of the majority of peaceful protesters. Since the secret police have shown up it looks like it has gotten a lot worse.

This is mostly a PR stunt, potentially illegal and people are getting hurt because of it.
They are not secret - they have shoulder patches and police on them. We can have a well reasoned discussion on: whether or not we should send in federal law enforcement dressed in Army kit, protecting Federal property (that local elected officials are not), whether or not to HAVE police forces dressed up in combat kit, allowing protesting but not allowing riots / vandalism / destruction, and the wilful abdication of local elected officials that would not let local law enforcement handle it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
I reached out via email to an old college girlfriend who lives in Portland. She always was crunchy granola type, but here is a condensed version of her response;

We are a feisty bunch- and rebellious and independent. And so we do not want the !@#$%^&*( Feds messing with our protests. Yes we are fine - we are all at home! Although my daughter and I are going to go join the wall of moms that are lining up to protect the protestors. There are the protestors (good) and the rioters (bad)- but the Feds being here is very bad news PDX will not back down. Our city is a mess though- all boarded up and graffiti everywhere....tough times

This is from a well educated 60 year old Oregon native woman, with adult kids, who has lived abroad in Asia as her husband's job in finance took them to many financial capitals and last I knew, he was with the Federal Reserve... Not what I expected, but that is my ground zero report.... My response simply pointed out their plan of action had some glaring holes in it.... like bring a water bottle to a gunfight.

On a different note, my new 2A4life shoulder holster has shipped!
I watched videos last night of these punks trying to light Federal Courthouse on fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Aug. 6, 2018: 74 people shot, 12 fatally, in Chicago over the weekend

I2018. In total, the year saw an estimated 2,391 shootings with 2,948 shooting victims, police said. In 2017, there were 2,777 shootings and in 2016 there were 3,550.

Funny Trump didn't send any one in any of these years so yea faux concerns...

Can you say election
He threatened to send in Federal Law enforcement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Ask yourself, just what crime did this man commit?

Everything he did was within his First Amendment rights and he was assaulted by the Graffiti Gestapo.

He was told to leave several times, went up to the police to discuss what they were doing, was told to leave, and they (somewhat stupidly) thwacked him a few times. He wanted to see these "most are vets, but by their predominate sleeve tats, most were enlisted f vcks" . A true champion of class politics.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: