View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 08:48 PM   #39
Jenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmer View Post
When your sixty five you'll change your tune.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Yeah I agree with "living in the now" and enjoying life now but still trying to be smart for later and I feel like I don't have much extra for either! Now I am not going to say I am starving and living out of my car but at the same time I don't feel I am spending a whole f of a lot like many folks are. I don't eat out, have a new truck, a $300,000+ house, fine clothes or a huge bankroll. I squeak every week on bills, put a little away in my 401K, pay my bills, etc. but at the end of the day I am still left wondering where will I get the $$ to get new windows, new towels to replace my 14 year old rags or pay for the driveway to be repaired! WTF?! TRUST ME I don't live extravagantly but once in a while I have to say WTF? and get lobster....we all have to live, right? Manicures, $100 haircuts and $200 pair of shoes every month are NOT part of my life. How do people afford these things, I cannot figure out. Sure they may make more than me but when I see people spend 10 times what I do I know damn well sure they don't make 10 times what I do. Leaves me wondering what I am doing wrong. Then when I hear many don't even have $1,000 retirement it all becomes clear. They must be kidding themselves, up to their eyeballs in debt and making it all "look good".

Whatever....maybe I am way worse with money than I figured and I am the one kidding myself. I just don't get it.....one minute I feel like I am not doing so bad and the next minute I feel like a total financial failure. I appreciate what I HAVE but not understanding how I cant afford what I NEED when I see folks spend foolishly on so much and yet supposedly almost a third of working folk have nothing for the future. Holy S&^$ I need a nap........

Simplify.......
Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote