View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 04:47 PM   #11
fishpoopoo
Wipe My Bottom

Lightbulb

i don't know where this new haven initiative will go.

here is a recent incident that happened in virginia, that seems to typify the illegal experience:

Quote:
Two city men attacked
By ELISA A. GLUSHEFSKI
eglushefski@manassasjm.com

Two Hispanic men, ages 26 and 30, were attacked in the 9700 block of Clark Place in Manassas around 11:05 p.m. Sunday, Manassas police said.

Police responded to a call of a fight in progress and found the two victims bleeding from head wounds, said Sgt. Tim Neumann, police spokesman.

The victims told police that four black men attacked them while they were sitting in the parking lot in front of their apartment building and robbed them of their wallets, one containing $1,000 and the other $2,000, Neumann said.

The victims were not able to give a more detailed description of the attackers, according to police.

Street robberies, particularly when Hispanics were being targeted, jumped dramatically in 2005 and 2006 and became a serious concern for law enforcement in Manassas and Prince William County.

In that spike, a trend emerged: That small groups of young black men were preying on Hispanic immigrants because of the perception that they carry large sums of cash.

Manassas crime statistics showed that those cases contributed to a 50 percent increase in robberies in 2005.

Lately, though, Neumann said there appears to have been a downward trend in street robberies, and that the victims and the descriptions of the robbers have been more mixed.

Anyone with information about the attack and robbery is asked to call the Manassas City Crime Solvers at 703-330-0330. Callers could earn a cash reward up to $1,000 for information that leads to an arrest in this case.
1. Is crime like this something that we would want to minimize? Yes.

2. Look at the flip side. Will ID's makes illegals easier to track? Yes.

3. If illegals have bank accounts, wouldn't it be easier to see if they're paying taxes? Yes.

I don't have a crystal ball. But it's something to think about more in depth.

fishpoopoo is offline   Reply With Quote